Eggs – 4
Boiled Garbanzo beans – 1 can (about 450 grams)
Bread crumbs (I used Italian bread crumbs, but any other should work equally well)
Flour for rolling eggs
1 egg for egg wash
Southwest mustard sauce (1/3-1/2 teaspoon)
Hot pepper sauce
Garlic cloves – 2
Onion – 1 small finely chopped
Oil for deep frying
- Boil eggs (hard boil)
- Remove egg shells
- In a separate bowl, mash garbanzo beans, add chopped onion, salt, minced garlic, southwest mustard sauce, and hot pepper sauce (based on the level of spiciness required). Mix everything well with your hands. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Start heating oil for deep frying
- Take one boiled egg, roll it over into flour. Once done take one portion of the garbanzo mix into your hands, flatten it a bit, put egg in between and roll slowly with your hand so as to form a ball. Entire egg should be covered.
- Brush egg wash over the prepared ball. For final stage, roll this ball into bread crumbs. Repeat for all the eggs.
- Check oil for proper frying temperature. Deep fry the prepared balls till the surface goes dark brown.
- Remove over a plate with paper napkin on it to soak access oil.
- Cut each into half with a knife.
- Serve with ketchup or as it is.